Thursday 15 September 2011

Battle for Schmilau

September 20th 1986

Soviet forces have crossed the Canal and captured the town of Schmilau, they have fortified there position to prevent NATO forces reinforcing Ratzeburg. A task force has been assembled to retake the town. The Irish Rangers have been assigned flanking duty, to push through the Soviet flank and support the main assault.



The British enter through the woods, 2 Sections with an APC.


2 Sections of East Germans are well fortified in nearby buildings.


The British command group moves up under cover of their APC but come under heavy fire.


East German force begin withdrawing as word comes in that there main position is under heavy attack.


British forces push up putting heavy fire into the remaining defenders.


East German forces move from the field with the British in hot pursuit.


---
We got a silly mission from a game perspective but story-wise it makes a lot of sense. Dave had to retreat half his forces from the board, while I had to cross half my forces over his board edge. Dave withdraw too early which allowed me to achieve my objective as well. I suffered more casualties though so he got a minor victory. It was a fun game, I made a bad mistakes moving my command force up to far and getting it riddled, they spent the rest of the game inside the apc nursing their wounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment